Download key generator for Design Simulation SimWise4D 9.5.0
Dimension and other parameters from select CAD systems can now be transferred to SimWise and used as optimization variables. During an optimization run new values for these parameters are sent back to the CAD system where the CAD model is updated and sent back to SimWise to be used in the next optimization step. This allows part shapes to be changed as a result of quantities calculated by a dynamic motion simulation or an FEA analysis.
V9.5 introduces a new 3D FEA mesh generator that is more robust and faster than previous versions. Users can expect quicker results from FEA and Motion plus FEA simulations and optimizations that include FEA results.
The Geomagic Design CAD system from 3D Systems joins SolidWorks, Solid Edge, Autodesk Inventor and SpaceClaim Engineer in having a dedicated plug-in that transfers the CAD model to SimWise in an associative manner. In addition assembly constraints and design variables are also transferred and the variables can be used in Optimization runs.
Solid Edge parts and assemblies can now be opened directly by SimWise. The assembly hierarchy is now transferred from all of the of the CAD files that can be opened directly by SimWise.
9.5 also introduces support for the 3D mice from 3Dconnexion. SimWise models can be panned, zoomed, and rotated at any time use the 3D mouse and SimWise commands can be assigned to buttons on those mice that support programmable buttons.
SimWise delivers 3D kinematic and dynamic motion simulation tightly coupled with 3D Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Optimization in a single, affordable package integrated with leading CAD systems allowing fundamental engineering questions such as Does it work? and Will it break? and How can it be made better? to be answered. Knowing the answer to these questions early in the design cycle allows necessary changes to be made at the most cost effective time without going through the expensive and time consuming steps of building a physical prototype, testing it, and redesigning it.
Major capabilities of SimWise now include:
- 3D dynamic motion simulation featuring a robust 3D contact capability that allows real-world interactions between moving parts to be simulated.
- 3D Finite Element Analysis (FEA) coupled with the motion simulation allowing stresses due to dynamic loading to be quickly calculated. Features such as automatic adaptivity provide high quality results. Normal modes, buckling and steady state thermal analyses are also provided.
- A Simulink interface that allows control systems modeled in Simulink to be co-simulated with a mechanical system modeled in SimWise.
- Keyframed animation for producing fly-throughs and other sophisticated visuals that aid in understand how a design is actually functioning.
- Associative interfaces with SolidWorks, Solid Edge, Autodesk Inventor, SpaceClaim Engineer, and Geomagic Design.
- Ability to read CAD data from Catia V5, NX, Creo/Elements, SolidWorks, Inventor, Solid Edge, ACIS, Parasolids, STEP, IGES, and STL.
- Optimization using results from 3D Dynamic Motion simulation and 3D FEA analyses.
DST develops physics based simulation software. The company's products are used by engineering professionals to build and test virtual models of their mechanical designs, and by STEM educators and students in the classroom to teach and learn about physics and engineering kinematics, dynamics, and machine design.
Name: Design Simulation SimWise 4D
Version: 9.5.0 Build 1494
OS: Windows Seven / 8 / 8.1
Size: 1.0 Gb